Skip to main content

invisible writer

It was just another dull, ordinary day.. a more or less a routine.. where one is programmed oneself and knows which task precedes the other…
On such days we often feel there would be something exciting happening in our lives..  at least for a few minute.
Maybe this was the day….
I stepped into office thinking the tasks to be completed and anticipating more tasks that would be piled up for that day….
Everything seemed normal as always…people greeted each other in between work. Some working seriously and while some were on a short break as they had arrived before our batch started working.. in shifts(night).
no one knew what was in store ahead of us…we were planning the day’s work…I, as usual, switched on my PC and logged in. checked my inbox for a few new emails….
It was passed 1:00 a.m in the morning where one lives like they are on the other side of the globe.
It was later then that I resumed my work…Was doing some updating of the work done before when the writer struck me….
my hands seemed stuck on the keyboard….there was panic everywhere on the office floor…some really went nuts out of fear while others were trying to have fun and pretend not to panic…
the keyboard started typing on its own..it was very irrelevant and couldn’t make sense…i took my hands off…
for an instant I thought that there must be a key stuck somewhere..I was trying to be the bold one…everyone was around me. I was trying to punch in various keys to check. However, the writer just would not stop. We tried to copy it and paste it to another document that did not happen. Irrelevant sentences and words like audits, irrelevant dates; murder was typing out his screen as if someone is trying to reveal something…
We tried to think rational and of possibilities of the PC being hacked or being accessed remotely…but it didn’t make sense.
One of them went ahead to say…i was the chosen one and someone else was talking about suicidal incidents that had taken place and stuff like that…
People were coming out with various options to get out of the situation. But the writing wouldn’t stop.
the entire scene was so frenzied and full of panic.
my state of mind was toggling between being practical and at the same time wanting to believe and not believe what people were trying to tell all at the same time…
This may sound a scene just out of a movie clip…where you find things happening on its own without anyone being present and all we can do is just watch….
This was exactly what was happening and all we could do is watching the writer write his/her story….
It continued for some time and finally, all I could think of is snatching the pen out of the writer’s hand and asking the writer to stop the irrelevant writing that was driving us all crazy…That is what I did…
I took off all resources from the writer and started my PC fresh,
When I opened another fresh document, I was hesitant to lay my fingers on the keyboard but mustered all courage to type again…
I thought that the writer will strike back with full vengeance…but the writer had decided to leave us in peace and was gone…keeping us wondering about his/her existence and identity and the reason of arrival and the meaning of those words….
What would one call such an incident? I leave it to the readers to decide….

© Copyright 
All Rights reserved Lavanya M Rao


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOMAN-THY NAME.....

Strong as a rock, emotions running deep as the ocean, patience of a saint, sweet as nectar, innocence that of a child, Mysterious like the universe, thoughtful and wise like a preacher, at the same time furious like the fire, anger like the volcano but above all someone who stands against all odds...This is no one but a WOMAN. As I was passing by I heard someone ask. Do we really need a special Day to celebrate for Women? I t can be taken in 2 ways. One—Maybe because she is special always OR in a note so positive form—Like Why do we need a special day for her? Don’t we already have so many days to celebrate?? Well, my take is...we have valentine’s day for people to express love –rather people who love each other, we have mother’s day, father’s day, May day so on and so forth. But, they are categorized for either a section of people OR for certain relationships.  I feel, Woman's day is a day that acknowledges the female gender, as a whole, irrespective of age, nation

1996-A Summer Afternoon

It was a summer afternoon. I was going through my college photographs, wishing those days were back and time would just stop there. How Nostalgic...The mere thought of it would bring an instant smile on my face. I was lost in thought when I recollected one of those adventurous trips that we had on one such summer afternoon. We friends would love to explore different places during our graduation.Those were fun filled days..no stress, no tension (except exams and project completion not to deny). Those were the days when we just wanted to be in the open...with nature...Do what we feel is right and just not bothered about the rest of the world. As said by someone time doesn't wait for anyone and does not come back. We set off to a nearby place at first.This is in the southern state of India with its mystic beauty and full of valleys and greenery.A sight that would take any one's breath away...On the way back..we found a fishery.They would breed fish there.We thought of explo